All About GOD - The Christian Community
Frequently Asked Questions Answered!
- Does God Really Exist?
- Get With the Times! Doesn't the Big Bang and Evolutionary Theory Explain Everything? Hasn't Science Removed the Need for God?
- Ok, if a Designer created everything, who created the Designer? What existed before the creation of the universe?
- Why did God create such a big universe, if all that matters is right here on earth?
- Why did God create in the first place? Was He bored? Was He lonely? Why did God go through the trouble of making humans?
- Why did God create evil? If God planned everything, why did He plan for really bad things to happen?
- OK, now you're using the Bible to tell me about God. Why should I trust that book as being something special?
- That's a pretty good approach to the Bible's overall credibility, but what about the established myths and legends? For instance, if the earth is less than 10,000 years old (as the Bible tells us), what about the star light that supposedly takes millions and billions of years to reach us?
- Then what about the dinosaurs? In light of what we read in Genesis, what is the real sequence of events regarding these creatures? If God created dinosaurs, why aren't they mentioned in the Bible? Was man on earth at the same time as the dinosaurs?
- Fine. But aren't there over 100 contradictions in the Bible that have been shown to discredit the Bible's divine inerrancy?
- You mentioned prophecies. Where's the evidence that the so-called "Messianic Prophecies" in the Old Testament weren't a bunch of "predictions" contrived after-the-fact by the disciples of Jesus? What would keep a group of religious zealots from writing a few "predictions" to give their religious guru some more credibility...?
- OK, nobody really denies that Jesus existed, but don't the scholars now have evidence that the Jesus of history was just a great teacher and prophet?
- So, are you saying Jesus was God, or are you saying He was a man?
- OK, then why this charade of God in human flesh to communicate His word to us? Why not just appear?
- Those are credible arguments for Jesus, but why do Christians say that Jesus is the only way to heaven?
- Wait. Why can't God be different for different people in different cultures? Why does the God of Christianity have to be the only way to heaven when there are other sincere religions?
- Can people who have never heard of Jesus be saved? If Jesus is the only way to heaven, what happens to those who are never introduced or exposed to Christianity? Why do some people have an "unfair disadvantage" to receive salvation?
- Slow down. I've heard there's more to it than this. Isn't there only one correct way to believe as a Christian? Which denomination is the right one?
- Wow. So even if I've done some pretty bad stuff, I can still be a Christian? What else do I need to do in order to go to heaven when I die?
- And if we don't accept this free gift, is there really a hell? If so, what's hell really like?
- But how can an all-loving God send anyone to Hell?
- What about children, babies and aborted fetuses? Where do they go when they die?
- Hold on. Now that I'm thinking about children, I realize I still have a problem with all the suffering I see in the world. You just told me about a perfectly loving God, but you didn't explain why He allows so much pain and suffering?
- OK, one more time. Why did God give people, including Adam and Eve, free will if He knew that we would mess up, make the wrong decisions, and ultimately reject Him?
- It's getting clearer! So, what's at the core? What really is the meaning of life?
- I may not understand it all, but I guess the basics make sense. What does all this mean for me? What's my purpose in life?
Copyright © 2002 - 2017 AllAboutGOD.com, All Rights Reserved.